- This event has passed.
WRFG’s 2nd Annual Americana in the Park
March 5, 2017 @ 7:00 pm EST$15 – $20
- WRFG’s 2nd Annual Americana in the Park
- Presented by community radio station, WRFG (www.wrfg.org).
- This is a fundraiser for the noncommercial, community radio station
- Park Tavern, 500 10th St. (Midtown), Atlanta, GA
- Sunday, March 5, 2017
- Doors open noon. Music runs from 1 PM to 6 PM. Ends at 7 PM.
- Tickets $15 in advance (at the station or through www.eventbrite.com) or $20 at the door
- All ages welcome
- Food and drink available for purchase
- Featuring musical performances from Back in the Saddle (Western swing), Liz Brasher (roots music of the 50s and 60s) Cedar Hill (bluegrass), and Russ Still & The Moonshiners (country/rock)
- Honoring folk music legend Frank Hamilton, who will perform a one hour show.
In 1957, Frank co-founded the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago. He recently co-founded the Frank Hamilton School here in Atlanta. He has recorded both solo and as a member of The Weavers. He helped make “We Shall Overcome” the signature song of the Civil Rights Movement.